Sleeping in the same bed has strong emotional benefits for you and your pooch.
- It’s comforting to both the owners and the animals
- It can deepen the bond between dog and owner.
- It can give nervous dogs more confidence.
From health reasons to relationships concerns, there are strong arguments against sharing the bed.
- It can intensify allergies.
- It can amp up human/canine power struggles.
- Noisy or pushy dogs can keep you from getting a good night’s rest.
- It can cause arguments between couples.
A 2007 survey showed that 43% of dogs slept in their owner’s bed, which was up from 34%, if I had to guess I would say that the percentage is even higher today.
All three of our furry babies sleep with us and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I would miss them if they slept somewhere else, though sometimes it does seem a little crowded!
Information courtesy of Paw Nation.